Learning to use Microsoft Word 2010 is easy with these video tutorials that will quickly walk you through all the key features Word has to offer.
Erin begins this Microsoft Word 2010 training series by familiarizing you with the interface and tools, so you can get up and running quickly. The chapters progress into more advanced topics like: formatting, adding content, using styles, optimizing long documents, creating tables, document protection, proofing, and more. Along the way, you will pick up tips, tricks, and techniques that will have you creating and formatting documents like a pro!
- Explore the tools & user interface in Word.
- Learn how to format and style characters and paragraphs.
- Discover how to quickly add content like bulleted and numbered lists, tables, spreadsheets and images.
- Optimize long documents, add cover pages, hyperlinks, headers and footers.
- See how to generate a Table of Contents, proof & protect your documents and create a Mail Merge.
Chapter I: GETTING STARTED WITH WORD (61 min)
- Exploring the Word Interface
- Working with Word Views
- Navigating through Documents
- Selecting Document Content
- Using the Navigation Pane & Enhanced Search
- Converting & Saving Files
Chapter II: SETTING UP THE DOCUMENT (23 min)
- Configuring Paper Size, Orientation & Margins
- Working with Document Themes
- Adding Page Borders, Colors & Watermarks
Chapter III: APPLYING CHARACTER FORMATTING (43 min)
- Aligning Text in a Document
- Copying/Pasting Text, Using Placeholder Text & Importing Text
- Font Formatting Basics
- Drop Caps, Ligatures, Number Formats & Stylistic Sets
Chapter IV: APPLYING PARAGRAPH FORMATTING (60 min)
- Nonprinting Characters & Paragraph Marks
- Aligning Paragraphs
- Indenting Paragraphs
- Line & Paragraph Spacing
- Accessing Advanced Paragraph Formatting
- Managing Paragraph & Page Breaks
- Controlling Hyphenation
- Working with Tabs & the Ruler
- Working with the Tabs Dialog Box
Chapter V: LEVERAGING THE POWER OF STYLES (61 min)
- Styles 101
- Identifying, Clearing & Copying Styles
- Applying Built-in Styles
- Customizing Basic Styles
- The Style Inspector & Reveal Formatting
- Importing, Managing & Deleting Styles
Chapter VI: ADDING OTHER CONTENT (131 min)
- Bulleted & Numbered Lists
- Customizing Bulleted Lists
- Customizing Numbered Lists
- Creating Tables
- Converting Text to Tables
- Adding Excel Spreadsheets
- Manipulating Table Structure
- Sorting Text
- Formatting Tables
- Adding Charts
- Images, WordArt & SmartArt
Chapter VII: OPTIMIZING LONG DOCUMENTS (77 min)
- Adding Cover Pages
- Using Sections & Breaks
- Formatting with Columns
- Working with Hyperlinks
- A Word about Master Documents
- Manipulating Content in Outline View
- Managing Headers & Footers
- Working with Footers in Complex Documents
- Saving & Accessing Quick Parts
Chapter VIII: ENHANCING THROUGH REFERENCES (39 min)
- Generating a Table of Contents
- Inserting Cross-references
- Inserting a Table of Figures
- Footnotes, Bibliographies & Table of Authorities
- Configuring the Index
Chapter IX: FINALIZING DOCUMENTS & MAIL MERGE (39 min)
- Proofing Text & Compressing Images in a Document
- Protecting Word Documents
- Creating a Mail Merge
- Adding Mail Merge Rules
- Saving Templates
- Completing a Mail Merge
Total Run Time: 9 hrs
Erin A. Olsen has been spreading her enthusiasm and vision for the power of desktop technology since 1994 to more than 37,000 people in seven countries. Since founding PCKeys Technology Solutions, she has authored more than 36 CBT titles, developed hundreds of courses and effectively presented to thousands. When Erin started her technology career, the PC was fairly new. Windows 3.1 was just coming out so she had to find ways to explain this new technical environment in terms non-technical people could understand. Her illustrations and explanations did and continue to do so today in fundamental to advanced topics. Erin combines her formal education in information technology and education with an emphasis in instructional design and technology (B.I.T., M.Ed.), with her technical expertise, real-world experience and understanding of adult learning to present these technical topics in an easy-to-understand, easy-to-apply and fun manner using relatable examples and analogies. Erinís unique combination of personality and skills allow her to provide an enhanced learning experience for all that is effective, engaging and memorable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.