This Excel 2016 for PC – Evaluating Data online training series focuses on how to create data validation rules when entering data into your sheet and also to create conditional formatting to help visually analyze data that has already been inputted into the sheet.
In this Excel 2016 for PC – Evaluating Data online training series presented by Dan Fanella, PhD, learn how Excel’s® validation tools allow you to control and validate the data that is entered into a cell. Data validation also enables you to format and set messages up based upon the data that is entered into a cell. Conditional formatting within Excel allows the user to format cells and data based on existing data in a worksheet – this way, you can create quick visual representation of the data based on specified conditions.
A. Getting Started
B. Data Validation
- Specify data validation criteria
- Create data validation rule messages
- Identify invalid data within a data validation range
- Create a data validation drop-down list
- Find cells that contain Data Validation rules
- Clear existing Data Validation rules
C. Conditional Formatting
- Understand Conditional Formatting
- Apply Greater Than Conditional Formatting
- Apply other conditional operators
- Checking for duplicate values
- Apply Top/Bottom rules
- Apply data bars
- Apply color scales
- Apply icon sets
- Create a Conditional Formatting rule
- Manage Conditional Formatting rules
- Clear Conditional Formatting rules
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.