Build rich, dynamic, and interactive web applications with the Microsoft AJAX Library. This video series, presented by Asli Bilgin, explores not only the slick user interface controls, but goes deeper into the backbone of a web application.
In this ASP.NET AJAX series, you will also learn how to work with security, data access, and services orientation so that you can build a robust end-to-end application using Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.
- Develop service oriented client callable web services with ASP.NET AJAX
- Leverage the powerful ASP.NET authentication & profiling services from ASP.NET AJAX
- Create interactive webpages using Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX and the ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit.
- Learn how to enhance existing webpages using AJAX controls.
- Discover how to access remote services and data without writing complex scripts.
Chapter I: SETTING UP ASP.NET AJAX (15 min)
- What is ASP.NET AJAX?
- What to Install
- Our Focus in This Series
- Looking Ahead at the Final Project
Chapter II: DATA BINDING WITH ASP.NET AJAX (29 min)
- Creating an AJAX-Enabled Web Site
- Setting Up a Theme & Using Skins
- Creating a Bindable Object Layer with ADO.net
- Bind an AJAX-Enabled Application to an Object Layer
- Working with Update Panels & Content Templates
- Working with Triggers
- Working with Update Progress Controls
Chapter III: CLIENT CALLABLE WEB SERVICES (19 min)
- Build a New Web Service & Add a Web Method
- Creating a Script-Callable Web Service
- Adding a Web Form
- Adding Content to the Web Form Panels
- Adding Code to Call the Web Service
Chapter IV: AUTHENTICATION & PROFILE SERVICES (23 min)
- Working with a Custom Profile Provider
- Writing Code to Store Settings
- Loading the Profile
- Creating Login Functionality
- Creating Functionality to Register a User
Chapter V: THE AJAX CONTROL TOOLKIT (36 min)
- What is the AJAX Control Toolkit
- Working with the AJAX Sample Toolkit
- Working with the RoundedCornerExtender
- Adding Interaction with the DragPanelExtender
- Getting Default Watermark Behavior
- Working with Animation
- Creating a Modal Login
Chapter VI: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER (6 min)
- Why AJAX & What Youíve Learned
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 2.2 hrs
Asli Bilgin is an industry recognized speaker on the latest advancements with Microsoft technologies, and serves as a contributing editor to various technical publications. Asliís latest book Mastering Database Programming with Visual Basic.NET (Sybex), has been translated into six languages and serves as the curriculum for college and post-graduate institutions in the United States, United Kingdom, Israel, and India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.