Take your Photoshop CS4 skills to a new level with Total Training for Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended: Advanced. With Jennifer Smith as your host, you’ll learn how to give your images a professional touch. You’ll discover advanced level techniques for color correction, photo retouching, and compositing using Photoshop.
In this Photoshop CS4 Extended: Advanced series, you’ll learn how to optimize your images for the web and how to work with animation. If you already know the fundamentals of Photoshop, get ready to take what you know one step further and learn tips and techniques that will impress even the most seasoned Photoshop user!
- Learn how to use Bridge for file management, Slideshows & Web Galleries.
- Discover professional techniques for color correcting images.
- Learn to use Smart Objects, Adjustment Layers & Masks for non-destructive editing.
- Create compositions using the Selection tools, Blending modes, and more.
- See how to create & utilize 3D objects.
- Find out how to use the Timeline panel for creating animations.
Chapter I: NAVIGATIONAL FEATURES (39 min)
- Tour of the Photoshop CS4 Interface
- Customizing Workspaces
- Customizing Keyboard Shortcuts
- Customizing File Menus
- Arranging Documents & Navigation
- More Options, Preferences & Presets
Chapter II: USING ADOBE BRIDGE (47 min)
- Managing Color Settings
- Organizing Files
- Batch Renaming & Generating a PDF Contact Sheet
- Metadata, Keywords, Filters & Find
- Creating a Panoramic Image Using Photomerge®
- Creating a Web Photo Gallery
- Exporting a PDF Slideshow
Chapter III: TIME-SAVING TIPS (43 min)
- Tips for Creating Print Documents
- Tips for Creating Web Documents
- Recording Actions & Creating a Droplet
- Using the History Panel
Chapter IV: MAKING SELECTIONS (65 min)
- Using the Pen Tool
- Using the Marquee Selection Tools & the Magic Wand Tool
- Removing a Background with Magic Eraser & Defringe
- Using the Quick Selection Tool & Rening a Mask
- Using Channels to Save & Load Selections
- Working with Pantone® & Other Spot Colors
- Chapter V: PAINTING & RETOUCHING (41 min)
- Using a Custom Brush, Quick Mask Mode & Rotate Canvas
- Using Channels for Complex Selections
- The Healing Brushes, Creating Patterns & the Patch Tool
- Using the Clone Stamp Tool & Clone Source Panel
- Working with Layer Blending Modes
- Changing a Color with the Color Blending Mode & an Adjustment Layer
Chapter VI: CREATING COMPOSITIONS (461 min)
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Working with Layers
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Transparency & Grouping
- Combining Vector & Pixel Masks
- Applying Blending Modes & Layer Styles
- Saving Versions of Layer Comps
- Creating Knockouts & Clipping Groups
Chapter VII: NON-DESTRUCTIVE EDITING (41 min)
- Editing Smart Objects
- Working with Smart Filters
- Using Adjustment Layers with Smart Objects, Part 1
- Using Adjustment Layers with Smart Objects, Part 2
Chapter VIII: COLOR CORRECTION (43 min)
- Understanding Color Settings
- Removing a Color Cast by Adjusting Curves
- Adjusting Curves, Hue/Saturation & Unsharp Mask
- Correcting Skin Tone
Chapter IX: CREATING VECTOR ARTWORK (19 min)
- Content-Aware Scaling & Creating Vector Text
- Working with Custom Vector Shapes
- Creating a Custom Shape from an Illustrator® Path
Chapter X: CREATING IMAGES FOR THE WEB (30 min)
- Optimizing Files
- Slicing Images for the Web Using CSS or Tables
- Creating Basic Frame Animations & Saving for the Web
Chapter Xi: WORKING WITH 3D & ANIMATION (20 min)
- Creating a 3D Sphere & Using the 3D Tools
- Editing a 3D Texture
- Animating 3D Objects
- Exporting & Resizing an Animation
Total Run Time: 7.2 hrs
Jennifer Smith’s expertise bridges the gap between design, and development of print, web, and interactive design. Her career started when she was one of the first creative directors to push the limits of technology and its integration with design. She has since managed and developed projects for companies such as Adobe, Microsoft, Hershey Foods, Hasbro and more. She has written over a dozen books on technology and design, as well as over 100 publications used for curriculum. Her books include: Digital Classroom: Adobe Photoshop CS4, The Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium for Dummies (versions CS thru CS4), Adobe Creative Suite Web Premium (versions CS3 thru CS4) and several more. Jennifer is the co–founder of American Graphics Institute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.