Total Training for Adobe Flash Professional CS6: Essentials will teach you how to use this powerful authoring tool to create immersive, interactive animations and multimedia content.
Adobe Education Leader and instructor Debbie Keller will help you master the basics of animation and gain confidence in your Flash CS6 skills. You’ll explore the interface and multimedia tools, learn how to create robust and compelling interactive experiences, and discover how to publish your content.
Specific lessons in this Flash Professional CS6: Essentials series include: working with symbols and the drawing and shape tools, importing and editing graphics, creating text, adding controls to video using ActionScript, using Adobe Media Encoder and code snippets, and exporting your Flash documents.
By the time you have completed Total Training for Adobe Flash CS6 Professional: Essentials, you will have the knowledge and tools to confidently use Flash CS6 to create your own rich media content and publish it. You will also be prepared to take the ACA Rich Media Communication exam.
- Advanced typography with Text Layout Framework text.
- Using the Code Snippets panel to add ActionScript to a project to create interactivity.
- The difference between the 3 different types of Symbols.
- Animating with Inverse Kinematics.
- The different between Drawing Mode and Object Drawing Mode.
- How to animate a Movie Clip and embed an animation inside the same Movie Clip.
- Adding basic ActionScript with the Snippets panel to add interactivity to a Flash Project.
- Publishing content with the Publish Settings dialog box.
Chapter I: UNDERSTANDING THE FLASH CS6 INTERFACE (25 min)
- New Documents & Setting Document Properties
- Touring the Interface
- Using Guides & Rulers
Chapter II: WORKING WITH THE DRAWING & SHAPE TOOLS (41 min)
- Drawing Shapes in Flash
- Drawing with Primitive Tools
- Comparing Merge Drawing Mode vs. Object Drawing Mode
- Modifying Shapes with the Direct Selection Tool & Subselection Tool
- Using the Deco Tool
- Using Gradients & Mixing Colors
Chapter III: WORKING WITH SYMBOLS (27 min)
- Understanding the Characteristics of Symbols
- Creating & Editing Symbols
- Exploring Button States & the Button Library
Chapter IV: IMPORTING & MODIFYING GRAPHICS (27 min)
- Importing Bitmap Graphics & Basic Shape Modifications
- Importing & Working with Vector Objects
- Importing an Illustrator File into Flash
- Importing a Photoshop File into Flash
Chapter V: WORKING WITH TEXT 37 min)
- Selecting Text & Other Basic Techniques
- Modifying Text Properties
- Breaking Text Apart & Converting Text to Shapes
- Working with TLF Text
Chapter VI: THE BASICS OF ANIMATION (77 min)
- Timeline Basics & Using Layers
- Animating Text with Shape Tweens & Creating Frames & Keyframes
- Creating a Frame-by-Frame Animation & Onion Skin Part 1
- Creating a Frame-by-Frame Animation & Onion Skin Part 2
- Using Motion Tweens & Creating a Motion Tween along a Path
- Working with the Motion Editor
- Using Inverse Kinematics
Chapter VII: ADDING SIMPLE CONTROLS TO VIDEO WITH ACTIONSCRIPT (38 min)
- Importing & Transcoding Video
- Setting Import Options & Choosing a Player Skin
- Using Adobe Media Encoder to Create Cue Points
- Using Code Snippets & Adding Actions to Buttons
- Adding Sounds to Button States
Chapter VIII: PUBLISHING & EXPORTING FLASH DOCUMENTS (13 min)
- Setting Accessibility Options
- Overview of Flash Publish Settings
- Simulating a Download & Exporting a Movie
Total Run Time: 4.75 hrs
Debbie Keller is a San Antonio-based teacher, author, video presenter and workshop presenter. She is the author of three textbooks, the Adobe Creative Suite 5 ACA Certification Preparation: Featuring Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop, the Adobe® Creative Suite 5 Projects Binder BASIC, and the Video Collection Revealed Featuring Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth and Encore CS5. She is currently working on revisions for all three textbooks for Adobe CS6. Debbie has been recognized as is a Discovery Star Educator and has been an Adobe Education Leader since 2002. Debbie is also a presenter for Total Training Essential Series for Photoshop, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro. She also conducts workshops and presents at numerous conferences, including Course Technology, ISTE, TCEA, Association for Career & Technology state conferences in Texas and Arkansas, and the Adobe Education Leader Summer Institute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.