Become a pro with ActionScript by watching interactive, work-along lessons that walk you through the necessary steps of using the built-in classes, new objects, or making your own custom classes and components.
With Flash Professional 8: Next Level ActionScript, you’ll learn the new advanced features of Flash Pro 8 that are only available to ActionScript users, including the Drawing API, Bitmap API, and the matrix transformations and displacements. Plus, you’ll get a preview of how to use ActionScript in development of mobile applications.
- Learn how to use event handlers to associate ActionScript code with a particular object and event. For example, when a user clicks a button on the Stage, you might advance the playhead to the next frame.
- Discover how to use Custom Classes to create a small application in Flash. Your classes compile into the SWF file when you publish the document, allowing everything to work together.
- Use the Custom Component Live Preview in the authoring environment to see what a component will look like when it is active in the presentation.
- Understand how to collect data about color transformations and coordinate transformations with Transform Class.
- Dive into one of the most significant additions to Flash Player 8, bitmap caching. This feature gives you the power to greatly increase the speed at which large amounts of objects are updated and drawn onto the Stage by the renderer.
Total Run Time: 10 hrs
John Ulliman has been working in interactive digital media since 1985 starting out his career on cutting edge applications for computer modeling and animation in the Aerospace industry with a number of companies, including Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. He started his own studio, On The Wave Visual Communications in 1991 providing 2D and 3D graphics and animations for print, video and the web. He has consulted for many software firms in the industry, including Apple, Adobe, Macromedia, Microsoft, AutoDesk, and Alias Wavefront.
John has been teaching ever since he first picked up a computer, initially on hardware and programming languages, then on technical CAD software, and currently on all the products he uses to make animation magic work. He currently offers training on products for creating 2D and 3D artwork, assembling it into animations and interactive environments, as well as products which help him edit and produce the final work – whether that might be video, TV, CD-ROM, web or print.
John is an Adobe Certified Expert and an Adobe Certified Instructor for Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Director, Flash Video and Flash Mobile environment. He only provides training on software products that he actually uses in production, with the intention to bring as much practical experience into his classes as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions