Total Training for Adobe Encore CS5 teaches you how to author DVDs like a professional. Learn to create menus, customizing them in Photoshop, add chapter markers, create slideshows and more.
This series will also teach you how to create playlists, add subtitles and alternate audio tracks.
- Learn how to author DVDs
- Discover how to create a slideshow
- Add Customized Menus to your DVDs
- Create playlists and add subtitles
Chapter I: SIMPLE DVD AUTHORING (23 min)
- Importing Assets
- Creating Timelines
- Setting Chapter Points
- Creating a Menu from the Library
- Linking Menu Buttons & Creating Submenus
- Previewing the DVD
- Checking for Errors & Building the Disc
Chapter II: CREATING A QUICK & EASY SLIDESHOW (12 min)
- Importing Images & Creating the Slideshow
- Adding Music & Timing Stills
- Adding Motion & Transitions to the Stills
- Linking to a Menu
Chapter III: CUSTOMIZING MENUS (20 min)
- Setting Chapter Markers & Linking Them to a Menu
- Customizing a Menu in Photoshop®
- Creating a Menu & Buttons in Photoshop
- Button Highlight & Color Sets
- Encore’s Buttons & Animating Buttons
Chapter IV: CREATING PLAYLISTS (10 min)
- What is a Playlist?
- Creating a Chapter Playlist
- Modifying Playlists
Chapter V: SUBTITLES & ALTERNATE AUDIO TRACKS (19 min)
- Adding Alternate Audio Tracks
- Linking a Button to your Alternate Audio
- Creating & Linking Subtitles
Chapter VI: BURNING A DISC & EXPORTING TO FLASH® (19 min)
- Understanding DVDs & Blu-rays
- Transcode Settings
- Tips for Reducing Errors & Compatibility Issues
- Exporting Your Project to a Flash File
Luisa Winters is an accomplished videographer, editor, 3D animator and graphics designer. Her compositions have been seen on broadcast TV as well as in private video productions. She has created and edited scores of video and web projects for dozens of corporate, government, and educational, commercial and private clients. An accomplished non-linear editor and instructor, Luisa has conducted training sessions and master classes for Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Flash, Deamweaver, Captivate and Encore DVD.
Luisa has been a featured speaker at NAB every year since 2005. In addition, she has also been a featured instructor for the following conventions:
- Government Video Expo
- DV Expo
- NAB – NY
She has led sessions and workshops in almost every US state and in several countries across the world.
Luisa is a Johns Hopkins Unive
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.