Total Training for Encore CS4 is a quick essential look at creating a DVD workflow. You will learn step by step what you will need to get video burned onto a DVD and displayed on television screens.
The series covers everything from importing file types, to building custom menus, and even exporting to flash. Whether you are new to Encore, or just brushing up on a technique, this series is just what you need to get up to speed fast.
- Learn how to automate a chapter index.
- Find out how to create your own custom menus and buttons.
- Learn all about the Properties Panel, one of the best tools in the application.
- See how easy adding subtitles can be.
- Find out how to export your DVD to Flash.
Chapter I: TOURING THE INTERFACE & ITS CAPABILITIES (14 min)
- The Project, Menu, Monitor & Flowchart Panels
- Properties, Character, Metadata & Timeline Panels
- Library, Styles, Layers & Resource Central Panels
- Previewing a Disc
Chapter II: BASIC MENU FUNCTIONALITY (32 min)
- Importing Items
- Working with Timelines
- Setting Chapter Points
- Menu Templates & Properties
- Button Routing
- Automating a Scene Index
- Checking for Errors & Previewing the Disc
- Building the Disc
Chapter III: DESIGNING CUSTOM MENUS (35 min)
- Importing Files as Menus & Using Tools with Menus
- Understanding Button Layers & Working in Adobe Photoshop(R)
- Setting Up a Basic Scene Index
- Button Highlights & Color Sets
- Building the Main Menu & Setting Navigation
- Animating Buttons & Adding Transitions
Chapter IV: BURNING A DISC & EXPORTING TO FLASH(R) (19 min)
- Transcode Settings
- Editing Quality Presets & Customizing Your Transcode Settings
- Exporting Your Project to a Flash File
- Building a DVD Disc
Chapter V: SUBTITLES & ALTERNATE AUDIO TRACKS (14 min)
- Adding Alternate Audio Tracks
- Importing Subtitles from a Text File & Formatting Options
- Creating Subtitles
- Setting Navigation for Audio & Subtitle Tracks
Jason Barbosa is an editor and director who honed his production skills at William Paterson University. After studying Communication, Broadcast and Film, he began freelancing on small productions in New York City, building up his arsenal of production equipment, before eventually going it on his own. He currently produces events, music videos and promotional videos for Stand-up comedians. When he isnít working on a production, you can find Jason in the studio presenting and teaching, or logged onto one of his multi player PC games, another one of his other passions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.