Total Training for Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Essentials will give you the tools needed to plan, design, create and maintain compelling websites. Instructor and Adobe education leader Debbie Keller begins by helping you set project requirements and create a wireframe for your site. She also discusses Accessibility Standards and rules for designing with consistency.
Additionally in this Dreamweaver CS6: Essentials series, you’ll learn: how to plan your site and layout your pages, adding text, images, rich media, links and tabbed data. You will also discover how to edit an existing site, how to organize your content with Div Tags, and the importance of optimizing your pages for search engine visibility. Debbie will show you how to test your site, manage your links and assets, and discuss how to design adaptive websites for different devices.
- The new Site Manager Dialog box.
- The Multi-Screen Panel.
- Changing the Document workspace preview to mobile devices.
- Insert Widgets (introduced in CS5.5)
- CSS Rules Definition dialog box
Chapter I: SETTING PROJECT REQUIREMENTS (52 min)
- Identify the Purpose, Audience & Audience Needs
- Standard Copyright Rules
- Website Accessibility Standards
- The Workspace & Setting Accessibility Options
- Creating a Wireframe for Your Website
Chapter II: PLANNING SITE DESIGN & PAGE LAYOUT (58 min)
- Setting up a Site in Dreamweaver
- Using the Adobe Exchange
- Rules for Designing with Consistency
- Using Templates
- Previewing your Page in a Browser
- Previewing your Page in Adobe BrowserLab
- Maintaining Page Structure with CSS Styles & Page Properties
- Using a Horizontal Rule
- Editing for CSS code
- Final Planning with a Flowchart
Chapter III: UNDERSTANDING THE INTERFACE (24 min)
- Exploring the Preferences Options
- Understanding the Dreamweaver Workspace
- Adjusting Asset Properties with the Properties Panel
- Managing Site Assets with the Assets Panel
- Working with the Files Panel
Chapter IV: ADDING CONTENT TO YOUR WEB PAGE (76 min)
- Editing an Existing Site & Exploring the Files Panel
- Creating, Titling, Naming & Saving a Web Page
- Replace Text, Copy Pages & Insert Form Elements
- Editing a Library Object & Working with Images
- Linking Web Content & Using Hyperlinks
- Inserting Rich Media into a Web Page
- Importing Tabular Data into a Web Page
Chapter V: ORGANIZING CONTENT (50 min)
- Setting & Modifying Page Properties
- Organizing Page Layout with AP Div Tags
- Modifying Text & Text Properties
- Modifying Images & Image Properties
- Adding Head Content for Search Engine Visibility
- Working with Widgets
Chapter VI: EVALUATING & MAINTAINING A SITE (27 min)
- Conducting Technical Tests
- Identifying Techniques for Basic Usability Tests
- Managing Assets, Links, & Files for a Site
- Designing Adaptive Websites for Different Devices
Total Run Time: 4.8 hrs
Debbie Keller is a San Antonio-based teacher, author, video presenter and workshop presenter. She is the author of three textbooks, the Adobe Creative Suite 5 ACA Certification Preparation: Featuring Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop, the Adobe® Creative Suite 5 Projects Binder BASIC, and the Video Collection Revealed Featuring Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth and Encore CS5. She is currently working on revisions for all three textbooks for Adobe CS6. Debbie has been recognized as is a Discovery Star Educator and has been an Adobe Education Leader since 2002. Debbie is also a presenter for Total Training Essential Series for Photoshop, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro. She also conducts workshops and presents at numerous conferences, including Course Technology, ISTE, TCEA, Association for Career & Technology state conferences in Texas and Arkansas, and the Adobe Education Leader Summer Institute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.