Make a smooth transition from GoLive to Dreamweaver CS3.
In this Dreamweaver CS3: From GoLive to Dreamweaver CS3 training series, Janine Warner illustrates how similar these programs are and also how easy Dreamweaver is to use when you know where to find everything. Features like CSS, graphics, smart objects, testing, and publishing become functions to not only use but master quickly and easily.
- Find out how to open a GoLive site in Dreamweaver. Yes, it is possible!
- Compare the interfaces of these two programs and discover how much they have in common—once you know where to look.
- Get started building new pages right away and discover the easiest options for inserting and formatting text and images.
- Find out where all of the CSS panels and dialog boxes are in Dreamweaver and get an introduction to creating CSS layouts.
Chapter I: COMPARING GOLIVE & DREAMWEAVER (31 min)
- Introducing Dreamweaver CS3
- Creating a New Website
- Creating an Index Page in Dreamweaver
- Inserting Images & Text
- Understanding the Property Inspector
- Comparing Page Properties Settings
- Using the Insert Bar
- GoLive vs. Dreamweaver at a Glance
Chapter II: COMPARING LAYOUT OPTIONS (52 min)
- Opening a GoLive Site in Dreamweaver
- Renaming & Organizing Files
- Opening a Dreamweaver Site in GoLive
- Using the Site Window
- Working with Tables in GoLive
- Creating Tables in Dreamweaver
- Changing Page Resolution
- Using Framesets
- Problems with Grids
- Introducing AP Divs
- Adding AP Divs to a Layout
- Working with AP Divs
- Using Guides & Grids in Dreamweaver
- Explaining Layout Conflicts
Chapter III: USING CSS IN DREAMWEAVER & GOLIVE (42 min)
- Comparing CSS Panels & Dialogs
- Using Dreamweaver’s CSS Layouts
- Creating Custom Styles in Dreamweaver
- Creating New Styles
- Using Internal & External Styles
- Adding Browsers to the Preview List
Chapter IV: GRAPHICS & SMART OBJECTS (13 min)
- Using Adobe Bridge®
- Using Dreamweaver’s Image Editing Tools
- Selecting an Image Program
- Cloaking .PSD & Other Files
- Creating a Web Gallery
Chapter V: COMPARING ADVANCED FEATURES (30 min)
- Creating Templates
- Inserting Editable Regions
- Creating Pages from Templates
- Updating Pages with Templates
- Linking Many Images at Once
- Comparing Actions & Behaviors
- Adding New Extensions
- Using Dynamic Site Tools
Chapter VI: TESTING & PUBLISHING FEATURES (17 min)
- Reviewing Dreamweaver’s Testing Features
- Entering Transfer Settings
- Using FTP Features
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 3.1 hrs
Since 1995, Janine Warner has written more than a dozen books about technology and the Internet, including her latest Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies.
A recognized Internet expert known for making technology fun and accessible, she has been a featured guest on a variety of radio and television programs, and her articles have appeared in such diverse publications as the Miami Herald, Shape magazine, and the Point Reyes Light newspaper.
Janine is a popular speaker at conferences and events in the United States and her fluency in Spanish brings her regular invitations to Latin America and Spain. Janine has also been a part-time faculty member at the University of Southern California and at the University of Miami where she taught online journalism.
From 1998 to 2000, Janine worked full time for the Miami Herald as their Online Managing Editor and later as Director of New Media. She also served as Director of Latin American Operations for CNET Networks.
An award-winning former reporter, Janine earned a degree in Journalism and Spanish from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.