Take your web design to next level with the Adobe Dreamweaver CS3: Advanced training series.
In this Dreamweaver CS3: Advanced series, instructed by Janine Warner, you’ll learn tips and tricks for working with Adobe’s latest award-winning design program, including: how to customize CSS Layouts, how to use Spry features to create drop-down navigation bars, and the basics of creating a site with ColdFusion.
- Use Dreamweaver’s CSS layouts to create a design that meets web standards.
- Get an introduction to the benefits of database-driven websites.
- Explore the basics of creating a site with ColdFusion.
- Learn how to use the Spry features to create a drop-down navigation bar.
- Discover how to use Spry to handle form verification.
Chapter I: COMPARING STATIC & DYNAMIC SITES (25 min)
- Explaining Dynamic Web Pages
- Differences between Static & Dynamic Sites
- The Advantages of Dynamic Web Sites
- Using Templates & Include Files
- Using the Application Panel
- Collecting & Editing Data
- Planning a Dynamic Site Structure
- Explaining Dynamic Site Publishing
Chapter II: INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE (24 min)
- Setting the Stage
- Installing ColdFusion®
- Using Debugging in ColdFusion
- Updating ColdFusion for MySQL®
- Working with MySQL
- Restoring the Database
Chapter III: SETTING UP A DYNAMIC SITE IN DREAMWEAVER (61 min)
- Moving Project Files
- Setting Up a Site in Dreamweaver
- Creating a .CFM Page
- Creating a Database Connection
- Designing a .CFM Page with CSS
- Adjusting Columns in CSS
- Adding Static Images & Text
- Styling a Navigation Bar with CSS
- Creating a Footer with CSS
- Using ColdFusion Components
- Using Multiple Record Sets
Chapter IV: CREATING TEMPLATES & QUERIES (34 min)
- Adding Styles to Dynamic Content
- Creating Include Files
- Creating a .CFM Template
- Creating Pages from a Template
- Creating a Simple Query
- Adding Images to a Query
Chapter V: LINKING TO DYNAMIC PAGES (44 min)
- Creating a Filtered Query
- Binding Images
- Setting Links to Multiple Pages
- Starting with Where Statements
- Inserting Dynamic Data Tables
- Using Dynamic Data Tables
- Styling Links in Dynamic Pages
- Creating Record Set Navigation
Chapter VI: CREATING COLDFUSION® COMPONENTS (32 min)
- Getting Started with Components
- Using a Where Statement
- Inserting Data from a CFC Query
- Displaying Individual Columns
- Adding Where Statements
- Binding Data to a Page
- Creating Links to Dynamic Pages
Chapter VII: CREATING ADMIN PAGES (40 min)
- Enabling Sessions
- Creating a Login Page
- Setting Up User Authentication
- Adding a Login Failed Message
- Restricting Access to Pages
- Adding a Logout Link
- Checking for User Login
- Adding a Link to an Edit Page
- Creating an Update Page
- Using the Update Record Form Wizard
- Updating Records
Chapter VIII: USING THE SPRY FRAMEWORK (23 min)
- Using Spry for Form Validation
- Creating Dropdown Navigation Menus
- Linking a Spry Menu Bar
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 4.5 hrs
Since 1995, Janine Warner has written more than a dozen books about technology and the Internet, including her latest Web Sites Do-It-Yourself For Dummies.
A recognized Internet expert known for making technology fun and accessible, she has been a featured guest on a variety of radio and television programs, and her articles have appeared in such diverse publications as the Miami Herald, Shape magazine, and the Point Reyes Light newspaper.
Janine is a popular speaker at conferences and events in the United States and her fluency in Spanish brings her regular invitations to Latin America and Spain. Janine has also been a part-time faculty member at the University of Southern California and at the University of Miami where she taught online journalism.
From 1998 to 2000, Janine worked full time for the Miami Herald as their Online Managing Editor and later as Director of New Media. She also served as Director of Latin American Operations for CNET Networks.
An award-winning former reporter, Janine earned a degree in Journalism and Spanish from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.