Motion graphics are an essential part of video creation and editing. This ’Become a Motion Graphics Designer Using After Effects’ tutorial will help at every step of the way, without leaving you drowning in details.
In this Become a Motion Graphics Designer Using After Effects® course, expert instructor Daniel Scott will take you one manageable step at a time through motion graphics in a series of small practical projects that come together to unlock Adobe® After Effects CC, animation, and infographics.
With nearly 5 hours of high-quality training content, you’ll discover how to create beautiful motion graphics, fix shaky video footage, add 3D type, render video for YouTube™, and so much more!
Learn the principles and the specifics of producing content, in a way that you’ll understand and remember. By the time you’ve completed this course, you will have a complete foundation that you can build on for years to come.
- Introduction to Motion Graphics
- Exercise Files
- Live Chat forums
- Relinking missing footage
- Projects vs. Compositions
- What’s the right composition settings?
- Changing the length of your composition
- Matching composition to video size
- Create type animation in After Effects
- Easing your animation
- Blurring your text while it moves
- How to render or export your After Effects animation
My computer isn’t good enough & I keep getting lost
- My computer isn’t good enough – help
- Empty your disk cache to clear hard drive space
- I’ve lost my timeline in After Effects
Title overlays, lower thirds & watermarks
- Lower thirds type animation
- Creating a watermark in After Effects
- Rules of motion graphics – anticipation
- Custom easing using the graph editor in After Effects
- Adding audio & music to your video
- Inspiration for you motion graphics
Fixing/Cleaning up your video
- Trimming the length of a video
- Color correction, exposure & adjustment layers
- Creating a vignette in After Effects
- Fixing shaky footage with warp stabilizer
Camera tracking + Time Remapping
- Add text to live action video
- Matrix effect using time remapping
- Text to follow live action
- Working with Illustrator® in After Effects
- Looping your animation
- Grouping is called a pre-comp
- How to make a motion path
Masking & green screen
- Green screen Keying
- Basic Masking
- Object & mask animate separately – Track Mattes
- Rotoscoping & faking depth of field
- Rotobrush – putting type behind video objects
- Animated infographic line chart
- Pie chart infographic in After Effects
- Using cameras in After Effects
- Animating a screen capture or screencast
Animated static images
- Animating static images using parallax
- Add fake lights with CC Light Rays
- Creating dust particles in After Effects
- Swinging text in After Effects
- Character animation using the Puppet pin tool
Effects & presets
- Spinning globe & star effects
- Making your video file size really small
- Put all your files in one place – collect files
- Motion Graphic Cheat Sheet for After Effects
4 hrs 50 min
Daniel Scott is an expert designer and teacher. He is an Adobe® Certified Instructor for Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, Premiere Pro and After Effects. He prides himself on delivering the best service to his clients and making sure all his students learn to their fullest potential. He is currently the lead trainer at Bring Your Own Laptop Training Center in New Zealand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.