Total Training for Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS6: Essentials, hosted by Adobe Expert Debbie Keller, teaches you how to use this powerful editing software from the ground up. You’ll learn to use the new customizable interface and all the new features of this updated version of Premiere Pro.
Learn how to work within the Premiere Pro CS6 interface, capturing, editing and exporting your videos confidently and professionally. You’ll also learn how to add video transitions and video effects, how to edit your audio and export your project for the best outcome.
- Applying an Adjustment layer in Premiere Pro.
- Applying a Track Matte Key to a Title to add motion effects with Titles.
- Stabilizing shaky footage.
- Customizing the buttons in the Monitor panels.
Chapter I: CREATING A NEW PROJECT & THE WORKSPACE (36 min)
- Starting a New Project
- Setting up a Sequence
- Exploring Preference Settings
- Arranging Your Workspace
- Studying the Project Panel
- Exploring the Program & Source Panels
- Reviewing the Media Browser, Info, Effects & History Panels
Chapter II: IMPORTING ASSETS (29 min)
- Capturing Video & Logging Clips
- Importing Media into the Project Panel
- Organizing the Project Panel
- Importing Photoshop® Files
Chapter III: THE TIMELINE PANEL & SEQUENCE (32 min)
- Placing Clips from the Project Panel
- Placing Clips from the Source Panel
- Embedding Sequences
Chapter IV: DESIGNING & INSERTING TITLES (37 min)
- Using & Creating Styles with the Titler
- Templates & Lower Thirds
- Creating Text on a Path & Working with Masks
- Creating Rolling & Crawling Titles
Chapter V: ADDING AUDIO & EXPORTING FILES (12 min)
- Adding Audio to a Project
- Exporting a Project as a Apple® QuickTime™ Movie
Chapter VI: EDITING VIDEO (65 min)
- Editing Video in the Timeline Panel
- The Ripple & Rolling Edit Tools
- The Slip & Slide Tools
- Trimming Clips in the Source Panel
- The Rate Stretch Tool
- Time Remapping
Chapter VII: APPLYING VIDEO TRANSITIONS (19 min)
- Setting & Applying Default Transitions
- Working with Transitions
- Adjusting Transition Settings in the Effect Controls Panel
Chapter VIII: ADVANCED EDITING & VIDEO EFFECTS (42 min)
- Converting Video Formats with Adobe Media Encoder
- Stabilizing Shaky Footage
- Adjusting Motion & Opacity
- Applying Color Correction
- Using Adjustment Layers
Chapter IX: WORKING WITH AUDIO (22 min)
- Studying the Basics of Editing with Audio
- Recording a Narration with the Audio Mixer
- Transcribing Speech
Chapter X: EXPORTING THE FINAL PROJECT (12 min)
- Using the Project Manager
- Exporting Media
- Exporting to DVD Using Encore
Total Run Time: 6 hrs
Debbie Keller is a San Antonio-based teacher, author, video presenter and workshop presenter. She is the author of three textbooks, the Adobe Creative Suite 5 ACA Certification Preparation: Featuring Dreamweaver, Flash and Photoshop, the Adobe® Creative Suite 5 Projects Binder BASIC, and the Video Collection Revealed Featuring Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Soundbooth and Encore CS5. She is currently working on revisions for all three textbooks for Adobe CS6. Debbie has been recognized as is a Discovery Star Educator and has been an Adobe Education Leader since 2002. Debbie is also a presenter for Total Training Essential Series for Photoshop, Flash Professional, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro. She also conducts workshops and presents at numerous conferences, including Course Technology, ISTE, TCEA, Association for Career & Technology state conferences in Texas and Arkansas, and the Adobe Education Leader Summer Institute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.