Total Training for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4: Essentials will get you up and running fast as a well rounded editor. After watching this training, you will know all about the Premiere Pro interface, how to import various types of video and other media, plus how to edit your work, and polish your project with graphics.
With Premiere Pro CS4: Essentials, you’ll also learn how to fine tune audio with Premiere Pro’s array of audio tools and export your project to DVD or as a media file to be shared on the Internet. This training is just what you need to learn the fundamentals of Premiere Pro CS4 fast!
- Discover how to import media onto your drive to edit.
- Find out how to orient yourself to the tools needed to edit video and audio.
- Learn how to work with graphics to create titles.
- Get and introduction to the basics of Animation.
- Learn how to export your media to DVD and various video formats.
- Explore the many output options including video to tape, disc, and web formats
Chapter I: INTRODUCTION TO PREMIERE PRO CS4 (19 min)
- A First Look at Premiere Pro CS4
- Making a Quick Edit
Chapter II: EXPLORING THE INTERFACE (89 min)
- Starting a New Project
- Setting Up Your Sequence
- Keyboard Customization & Workspaces
- Introducing the Project Panel
- More Project Panel
- The Source Panel
- The Program & Timeline Panels: the Relationship
- The Program & Timeline Panels: Controls & Options
- The New CS4 Panels: Media Browser, Metadata & History
Chapter III: IMPORTING, LOGGING & CAPTURING MEDIA (25 min)
- Setting Device Control & Capture Preferences
- The Capture Window Controls & Setup
- Logging Clip Data, Timecode, & Capturing
- Batch Capturing & Creating an Offline File
- Importing Files into the Project Panel
Chapter IV: THE EDITING TOOLS (34 min)
- Using the Razor Blade Tool & Snapping
- Working in the Source Panel
- Removing Content from the Timeline
- Using the Roll Tool
- Working in the Trim Monitor
- Using the Slip & Slide Tools
- The Track Select & Rate Stretch Tools & Markers
Chapter V: WORKING WITH AUDIO (50 min)
- Audio Preferences
- Source Channel Mapping
- Audio & The Source Panel
- Speech Transcription
- Adjusting Levels with Keyframes
- Audio Effects & Transitions
- The Audio Mixer
- Audio Mixer Automation
- Exporting Audio
Chapter VI: CREATING TITLES (32 min)
- Integrating After Effects® & Photoshop®
- The Title Tool & Creating an End Slate
- Creating Lower Thirds
- Creating a Credit Roll
Chapter VII: GRAPHICS & ANIMATION (63 min)
- Introduction to Effects
- Color Correction Using Auto Color & RGB Curves
- Copying & Pasting Effects, Saving Presets
- Adjusting Luminosity
- Applying Transitions, Setting the Default Transition
- Aligning Transitions in the Effect Controls Panel
- The Basics of Keyframing
- Setting Up a Slideshow
- Animating a Slideshow
- Easing Keyframes
Chapter VIII: EXPORTING YOUR PROJECT (19 min)
- Using the Project Manager
- Exporting Media
- Exporting to Tape
- Exporting to DVD
- End Credits
Total Run Time: 5.5 hrs
Jason Barbosa is an editor and director who honed his production skills at William Paterson University. After studying Communication, Broadcast and Film, he began freelancing on small productions in New York City, building up his arsenal of production equipment, before eventually going it on his own. He currently produces events, music videos and promotional videos for Stand-up comedians. When he isn’t working on a production, you can find Jason in the studio presenting and teaching, or logged onto one of his multi player PC games, another one of his other passions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.