Get introduced to concepts around business strategy and learn about the processes of developing a strategy and establishing linkages to its execution.
- Business Strategy Certificate by Manipal ProLearn
- Self-assessment Exercises
- Learn at your Convenience
After completing this course, the learners will be able to:
- Appreciate the concepts of Business Strategy
- Understand how strategy is applied by various business for growth and to reach a market leader position.
- Perform SWOT Analysis, understand how the Porter Five forces framework is used for Industry analysis.
- Understand the seven components of McKinsey 7S Model.
Introduction to Business Strategy
- Explain the concept of business strategy
- Explain the need for having a business strategy
- Identify the essential components of a business strategy
- Describe the consequences having an inadequate business strategy
- Explain the concept of positioning
- Describe the term sustainable competitive advantage
Strategic Positioning and Choices
- Identify the three strategies for creating competitive advantage
- Explain how these strategies—cost leadership
- Differentiation and focus—differ from each other
Grand Strategies and Functional Strategies
- Describe grand strategies
- Describe functional strategies
- Differentiate between grand and functional strategies
- Explain the role of functional strategies in select functions
- Describe the process of developing a strategy
- Identify the stages of the strategy development process
- Explain the importance of vision and mission statements
- Describe the concept of strategic objectives
Strategy Formulation in Different Industries
- Identify the various categories of industries based on their developmental stage
- Describe the strategy formulation process for each category
Analysing the External Environment
- Explain the methods used for analysing the external environment of a business
- Describe Porter’s five forces framework for industry analysis
- Explain how to apply the five forces model in any given industry
- Explain the concept of scenario planning and demonstrate its application
Analysing the Internal Environment
- Explain the elements of SWOT analysis and how it can be applied
- Describe the popular categories of financial ratios and their applicability
- Describe the concept of value chain and ecosystems in strategic planning
- Describe how to create a fit between the strategy and the activities of the firm
- Explain the components of McKinsey 7S Model
Winning the Competitive Battle!
- Describe the concept of competitor analysis
- Identify the components of competitor analysis
- Describe how to create a competitor response profile
Strategy for Non-Profits
- Eplain the considerations for strategy formulation in the non-profit sector
- Explain the concept of mission gap
- Describe the strategy development process for a non-profit with the help of an example
- Explain the role of trade-offs and mission creep in non-profits
- Explain the concept of strategic thinking
- Describe the relationship between strategic thinking and game theory
- On signing up for the course you will get immediate access to information and course content.
- Enhance your skills in Strategy Formulation, Strategy Implementation and learn more about Strategic Positioning and Choices
- Rich set of examples, industry scenarios explained by the subject matter expert via concept and demonstration videos
- Effective analysis of internal and external environment
- Find opportunities as Business Manager, Business Development Manager, Operations Manager etc. in different industries etc. Professionals with a certification in Business Strategy earn anywhere between 3 - 7lac INR per annum, based on experience.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Industry Professionals from various domains
- Young, enthusiast professionals, founders and co-founders of start-ups who are all set for a big leap in their career
- Professionals with 5-6 yrs of experience and are now required to grow up the ladder in higher management where strategizing is very critical.
- Highly recommended for people aspiring for to become strategists.
- Those people who are required to strategize but do not have much idea on “what they are in for”
- Students with management background – MBA or BBA
Frequently Asked Questions
Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services, offers a variety of professional certification programs across IT, Management and Finance domains. Carrying forward the Manipal legacy of over six decades in education, we help working professionals and students enhance their skills and fast-track their careers.
- 25,000+ Professionals Trained
- 15+ Global Knowledge Partners
- 100 Professionally Certified Courses
- 500 Classroom Batches
Manipal ProLearn has redefined learning in the professional certification program space with a wide range of course options, expert faculty and an award winning learning platform. Benchmarked against global certification standards of PMI, CIMA, PMBOK etc., our course content is designed and developed by industry experts.
Not only are these certification courses good for skill enhancement, but with industry recognized certification, they are also a great value add to one's resume. Over the last two years, more than 23,000 learners have advanced their careers with the aid of our courses.