The series begins with an introduction to Adobe Photoshop CS3 and then moves to an overview on how to organize your photos using Adobe Bridge. By series end, you’ll learn all the techniques needed to enhance your photos.
Examine Photoshop CS3’s many tools including Adobe’s Camera Raw 4, layer alignment, and impressive image correction tools. You’ll learn how to correct various kinds of flaws including color, noise and perspective, plus uncover amazing image effects that are sure to wow even the most advanced Photoshop user.
- Learn how to utilize the power of Adobe Bridge to import, analyze, and organize your photos.
- Understand the camera RAW workflow. Uncover how to convert your files to DNG, how to adjust white balance, exposure, saturation, create magnificent monochromes and even edit your JPEGS and TIFFS non-destructively.
- Master some of the industry’s revered retouching techniques. Clone and heal your images, enhance eyes, whiten teeth, smooth skin tones, and reduce wrinkles.
- Discover all the image adjustment tools inside Photoshop CS3 including the histogram, adjust levels and curves, brightness and contrast, and shadows and highlights.
- Find out how to create image stacks, align and blend your layers and use Photomerge to create seamless eye-popping panoramas.
Chapter I: GETTING STARTED IN PHOTOSHOP CS3 (40 min)
- Exploring Essential Preferences
- Exploring the CS3 Interface
- Customizing Your Workspace
- Customizing Menus & Shortcuts
- Managing Color
Chapter II: ORGANIZING WITH BRIDGE® (56 min)
- Preferences & Color Management
- Building Your Own Bridge
- Analyzing & Grouping Images
- Using Bridge Slideshows
- Sorting, Rating & Rotating
- Moving, Copying & Deleting
- Working with Metadata
- Renaming the Batch
- Using the Image Processor
Chapter III: THE RAW WORKFLOW (58 min)
- Introducing Raw
- Understanding the DNG File Format
- Adjusting White Balance
- Exposing Exposure
- Vibrancy vs. Saturation
- Exploring the Tone Curve
- Studying Magnificent Monochromes
- Using Split-Tone
- Editing Non-Raw Files
- Syncing Your Edits
- Saving & Applying Raw Settings
Chapter IV: IMAGE ADJUSTMENTS (31 min)
- Understanding the Histogram
- Adjusting Levels
- Adjusting Curves
- Working with Shadows & Highlights
- Using Adjustment Layers
Chapter V: WORKING WITH COLOR (38 min)
- Neutralizing a Color Cast
- Adjusting Color Balance
- Performing Basic Color Correction
- Making Selective Color Adjustments
- Using Photo Filters
- Converting to Black & White
Chapter VI: RETOUCH & RESTORE (56 min)
- Working with the Retouching Tools
- Enhancing Eyes
- Whitening Teeth
- Reducing Wrinkles
- Smoothing Skin Tones
- Using the Quick Selection Tool
- Beginning a Photo Restoration
- Removing Dust & Scratches
- Recoloring Old Photos
Chapter VII: CORRECTING IMAGE FLAWS (30 min)
- Correcting Perspective
- Straightening Images
- Removing Noise
- Sharpening an Image
- Performing High Pass Sharpening
- Removing Motion Blur
Chapter VIII: CREATIVE TECHNIQUES (61 min)
- Creating Faux Duotones
- Adding Photo Vignettes
- Creating Soft Focus Effects
- Simulating Depth of Field
- Saturated Snapshots
- Creating the Flashlight Effect
- High Contrast Portraits
- Giving Motion to a Stationary Object
- Achieving the Look
- Giving an Image a Dramatic Perspective
- Creating Border Effects
Chapter IX: MERGE IT TOGETHER (18 min)
- Loading Files into a Stack
- Using Photomerge
- Blending Layers of a Panorama
- Creating a Panorama from a Single Image
- Merging Photos with High Dynamic Range
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 6.5 hrs
Justin Seeley is an Adobe Certified Photoshop Expert and graphic designer with nearly a decade of experience in the creative media industry. A recognized Photoshop trainer known for his straight-forward teaching style and creative prowess, his techniques have been featured on podcasts such as the Adobe Creative Suite podcast and Photoshop TV, and his tutorials have appeared in publications such as Digit magazine.
Justin has been an avid Photoshop user since version 4.0 and hosts a variety of internet shows dedicated to teaching people around the world. He is the creator and host of the Photoshop Quicktips podcast which is consistently in the Top 10 Software How-To Pod-casts on the iTunes store. Justin is also the host and producer of the Photoshop Quick-tips: Special Effects and Quick Fixes training DVD.
In 2007 Justin co-founded the Photoshop Designers User Group, a non-profit organiza-tion which helps further the education of students and other members of the community. Justin serves as President and Lead Instructor for the group and also presents several free mini-seminars on a variety of digital imaging topics.
A member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals, Justin currently works for Murray State University as a Graphic Designer and Marketing Consultant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.