This introductory training is tailored specifically to the needs of a beginner or intermediate user of Adobe Flash CS4. During the course you will learn how to create, animate and efficiently mange your rich media content via the brand new CS4 interface. You will understand how to correctly implement features like the new motion tween, motion presets, ActionScript3 event handling and how to professionally set up your site.
The Flash CS4 Professional: Essentials series will cover: working with video and video controllers, building and modifying a Motion Tween, motion presets, production animation techniques and how to set up and use the new Frame Spans.
By the time you have completed Total Training for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional: Essentials you will have the confidence, experience and tools to effectively utilize Flash when constructing your own rich media websites. You’ll be able to create eye-catching flash banner advertisements, incorporate sound and video and even publish your site.
- Get an in-depth look at Animation Techniques.
- Learn how to set up and use the new Frame Spans.
- Discover how to use and create your own Motion Presets.
- Find out how to add video and video controllers to your Flash website.
- Learn how to build and modify a Motion Tween.
Chapter I: CREATING & MANAGING CONTENT (32 min)
- Touring the Flash Interface
- New Document Settings & Navigation
- Drawing & Selecting Simple Vector Shapes
- Drawing Curves with the Pen & Pencil Tools
- Exploring Other Drawing Tools
- Interaction between Shapes
- Grouping Objects
- Working in Object Drawing Mode
Chapter II: MANAGING WEBSITE CONTENT (10 min)
- Working with Layers
- Using Bitmaps
- Adding Text
- Use the Regular & Primitive Shape Tools to Build a Graphic
- Creating & Adjusting a Symbol
- Transforming Objects with the Free Transform Tool
- Exploring Color Types & Gradients
Chapter III: THE TIMELINE (20 min)
- Timeline Basics
- Create a Span of Frames & Control the Playhead
- Creating Keyframes
- Insert Blank Keyframes & Clear Keyframes
- Frame-by-Frame Animation & Onion Skin
Chapter IV: MOTION PRESETS (35 min)
- Getting Started with Motion Presets
- Modifying a Motion Tween
- Stretching Tween Spans
- Save Custom Presets & Create Layer Folders
- Moving Tween Spans
- Setting Static Frames
- Building a Test Movie
Chapter V: CREATING A MOTION TWEEN (38 min)
- Adding a Motion Tween
- Setting Property Keyframes for Scale & Rotation
- Creating a Motion Tween from a Shape
- Easing Keyframes
- Creating a Fade-in by Adjusting the Alpha
- Making a Motion Preset
Chapter VI: ANIMATION TECHNIQUES (55 min)
- Importing Slideshow Content
- Working in a Movie Clip Timeline
- Animating the First Image in the Slideshow
- Non-linear Animation
- Swapping Objects
- Using the Distribute to Layers Command
- Adjust Timeline View Options & Animation Timing
Chapter ViII: ACTIONSCRIPT & BEHAVIORS (62 min)
- Introducing ActionScript
- Adding a Stop Action
- Creating Buttons & Setting Button States
- Creating Interactive Text Buttons
- Adding Site Content
- Setting up for ActionScript 2
- Adding Behaviors with ActionScript 2
- Writing ActionScript 3
Chapter VIII: USING SOUND & VIDEO (43 min)
- Adding a Sound File to the Timeline
- Adding Sound to a Button
- Encoding Video for Import into Flash
- Set Import Options & Choose a Player Skin
- The FLVPlayback Component & Component Inspector
- Flash Video for ActionScript 2 & Older Players
Chapter IX: PUBLISHING YOUR SITE (40 min)
- Overview of Flash Publish Settings
- Compression in Bitmaps & Sounds
- Other Flash Publish Settings
- HTML Settings
- Publishing Your Flash Movie
- Dreamweaver(R) Integration
- Uploading Your Site to a Server via FTP
Total Run Time: 6 hrs
John Ulliman has been working in interactive digital media since 1985 starting out his career on cutting edge applications for computer modeling and animation in the Aerospace industry with a number of companies, including Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman. He started his own studio, On The Wave Visual Communications in 1991 providing 2D and 3D graphics and animations for print, video and the web. He has consulted for many software firms in the industry, including Apple, Adobe, Macromedia, Microsoft, AutoDesk, and Alias Wavefront.
John has been teaching ever since he first picked up a computer, initially on hardware and programming languages, then on technical CAD software, and currently on all the products he uses to make animation magic work. He currently offers training on products for creating 2D and 3D artwork, assembling it into animations and interactive environments, as well as products which help him edit and produce the final work – whether that might be video, TV, CD-ROM, web or print.
John is an Adobe Certified Expert and an Adobe Certified Instructor for Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Director, Flash Video and Flash Mobile environment. He only provides training on software products that he actually uses in production, with the intention to bring as much practical experience into his classes as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions