This Total Training for Adobe Edge Animate: Essentials course will teach you everything you will need to start creating interactive content such as slideshows or animated advertisements that will playback on all devices including desktops computers, laptops, tablets and all modern smartphones.
As we move to a more standards-based web it will become a far richer and more expressive platform, and designers will be able to produce stunning work with tools such as Adobe Edge Animate.
- Creating and Animating Art
- How to animate using Timeline Transition Techniques
- Adding Interactivity using Triggers and Actions
- Working with Symbols
- Publishing Compositions to the Web and other Adobe Products
Chapter I: GETTING STARTED (41 min)
- Introducing Edge Animate
- What You Can Do with Edge Animate
- Installing Edge Animate
- Edge Animate vs. Flash® Professional
- Opening & Saving Your First Project
- Touring the Interface
- Customizing & Saving Workspaces
Chapter II: CREATING CONTENT (35 min)
- The Stage & Stage Properties
- The Rectangle Tool & Rectangle Properties
- Transforming Elements
- Selecting, Copying & Pasting Elements
- Aligning, Distributing & Arranging Elements
- Exploring the Elements Panel
- Creating Text Elements
Chapter III: ANIMATING IN THE TIMELINE (37 min)
- The Timeline
- Working with Timeline Label & Controls
- Transition Techniques
- Animating with the Pin Tool
- Editing Transitions
- Intro to Animation Easing
- Transition Easing Controls
Chapter IV: WORKING WITH SYMBOLS (36 min)
- Intro to Edge Animate Symbols
- Creating Symbols
- Editing & Animating Symbol Instances
- Symbol Editing Mode & Nested Symbols
- Building the Clock Animation
- About Adding Interactivity
- Elements, Triggers & Actions
- Triggering Actions in Other Elements
- Stage & Timeline Triggers & Actions
- Editing & Deleting Triggers & Actions
- Creating an Interactive Slideshow Part 1
- Creating an Interactive Slideshow Part 2
Chapter VI: PUBLISHING (17 min)
- Publishing Overview & Preparation
- Publish Settings & Options
- Accommodating Older Browsers
- Closing Credits
Total Run Time: 3.5 hrs
James is a professional educator with over 23 years of classroom teaching experience. He is currently on the faculty of the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, Online Division, and at the College of Marin in California where he teaches all aspects of interactive digital media and web design.
James is the principal in a small Web Development consulting business that develops Web sites and Web-based training materials. He is also the author of over 30 video courses covering Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Photoshop, SEO, Social Media and other interactive media topics. His educational background includes technical degrees from both the University of California (U.C.L.A) and Cal State (Humboldt and Long Beach) and a teaching graduate degree from U.C.L.A.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.