Factor extraction using PCA in Excel, R, and Python.
This ’Factor Analysis’ online training course will help you understand Factor Analysis and its link to linear regression. See how Principal Components Analysis is a cookie cutter technique to solve factor extraction and how it relates to Machine Learning. Supplemental Materials included!
Factor analysis helps to cut through the clutter when you have a lot of correlated variables to explain a single effect. In this course, you will follow along with expert instructors to learn about topics such as Mean & Variance, Eigen Vectors, Covariance Matrices, and so much more!
- Understand & Analyze Principal Components
- Use Principal Components for dimensionality reduction and exploratory factor analysis
- Apply PCA to explain the returns of a technology stock like Apple®
- Build Regression Models with Principal Components in Excel, R, & Python
Chapter I: Introduction
- Lesson I: You, This Course, & Us!
Chapter II: Factor Analysis & PCA
- Lesson I: Factor Analysis & the Link to Regression
- Lesson II: Factor Analysis & PCA
Chapter III: Basic Statistics Required for PCA
- Lesson I: Mean & Variance
- Lesson II: Covariance & Covariance Matrices
- Lesson III: Covariance vs Correlation
Chapter IV: Diving into Principal Components Analysis
- Lesson I: The Intuition Behind Principal Components
- Lesson II: Finding Principal Components
- Lesson III: Understanding the Results of PCA – Eigen Values
- Lesson IV: Using Eigen Vectors to find Principal Components
- Lesson V: When not to use PCA
Chapter V: PCA in Excel
- Lesson I: Setting up the data
- Lesson II: Computing Correlation & Covariance Matrices
- Lesson III: PCA using Excel & VBA
- Lesson IV: PCA & Regression
Chapter VI: PCA in R
- Lesson I: Setting up the data
- Lesson II: PCA and Regression using Eigen Decomposition
- Lesson III: PCA in R using packages
Chapter VII: PCA in Python
- Lesson I: PCA & Regression in Python
1 hr 45 min
Janani Ravi, Vitthal Srinivasan, Swetha Kolalapudi, and Navdeep Singh have honed their tech expertise at Google and Flipkart. Together, they have created dozens of training courses and are excited to be sharing their content with eager students. The team believes it has distilled the instruction of complicated tech concepts into enjoyable, practical, and engaging courses.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
Swetha: Early Flipkart employee, IIM Ahmedabad and IIT Madras alum
Navdeep: Longtime Flipkart employee too, and IIT Guwahati alum
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.