Get your digital assets in order with Microsoft Expression Media. Hosted by Nick Wilcox-Brown, this video series teaches you how to organize and catalog your entire library of digital files for easy retrieval and presentation.
Sorting out your files just got easier! With Total Training for Microsoft Expression Media, you’ll learn how to rank and rate your files, add metadata and copyright information, and output your digital assets to an HTML gallery.
- Batch groups of images, graphics, audio and video files with ease.
- Add keywords, copyrights, descriptions, and rankings at the touch of a key.
- Find out how to create Web pages, contact sheets, and slideshows for easy sharing with clients, colleagues, and family.
- Discover how to import images in a variety of different ways.
- Learn how to sort or arrange your files by a wide range of variables including date, place, keywords or rankings.
Chapter I: OVERVIEW & IMPORTING ASSETS (22 min)
- Introducing Expression Media
- Setting Up the Preferences
- Importing Files
- Importing from a Disk or Camera
- Renaming Images
- Using Auto-Update
Chapter II: ORGANIZING & VIEWING ASSETS (20 min)
- Viewing the Interface
- Sorting, Viewing & Playing Media
- Setting View Options
- Viewing Individual Layers from .PSD Files
Chapter III: ADDING ANNOTATIONS (41 min)
- Introducing Metadata
- Creating a Metadata Template
- Annotating Images
- Cataloging Annotated Images
- Inline Editing
- Using the Vocabulary Editor
- Understanding Field Names
- Adding Custom Fields
- Synching Annotations
Chapter IV: ADVANCED ORGANIZATION OF ASSETS (16 min)
- Introducing Metadata
- Working with Catalog Sets
- Transferring Files
- Creating Sub Catalogs
- Resetting the Capture Date & Time
Chapter V: FILTERING & EDITING (27 min)
- Filtering Media Files
- Searching for Images
- Working with Image Editing Features
- Converting Image Files
- Working with the Light Table
Chapter I: PUBLISHING & PROOFING (25 min)
- Emailing Images
- Creating Contact Sheets & Printing
- Using the PDF Maker
- Exporting Data
- Exporting XML
- Exporting to a Web Gallery
- Using the Media Reader
Chapter II: INTERFACING WITH OTHER APPLICATIONS (44 min)
- Working with Mail, Acrobat® & QuickTime®
- Working with Photoshop® CS3
- Working with Helper Applications
- Working with Camera Raw
- Exploring the Camera Raw Converted Images
- Working with Capture One™
- Creating a CD for a Client
Chapter III: SLIDE SHOW & BACKUP (22 min)
- Running a Slide Show
- Backing Up the Assets
- Reviewing Important Tips
- Creating Metadata Templates
- Creating Project Templates
- Final Comments & Credits
Total Run Time: 3.7 hrs
Nick is a European photographer with a passion for the technical side of the discipline. He started out at a local magazine in Dorset, England and quickly moved into the mainstream after covering a major story on an isolated population of giant elephants in the remote west of Nepal.
Over the last 15 years, his work has appeared in a wide range of books and magazines. In recent years he has combined interesting advertising commissions with consultancy and training services to major names in the photographic industry. He is known for his lively but informative presentations and a variety of technical articles on software and photographic topics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total Training is a pioneer in innovative online and DVD-based training for leading creative design, digital video, and office productivity software programs.
Ranging from casual hobbyists to the most seasoned professionals, our users quickly learn new software applications and broaden their knowledge of programs currently used. Narrated in an entertaining format by industry experts and leading authors, our video-based software training titles are critical tools for anyone wanting to learn tips, techniques, and best practices from the most respected names in the business.
We currently offer affordable subscriptions to our All-Access Library, which contains hundreds of courses, thousands of clips, and project files so users can follow along.